Canada Permanent Residence
A permanent resident of Canada gets a PR Card as evidence that he/she is a permanent resident of Canada. The IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada) has designed various immigration programs to offer permanent residency to the aspirants, i.e. Express Entry System, Saskatchewan PNP, Manitoba PNP and other Provincial Nomination Program (PNP), etc. A permanent resident in Canada get various benefits and rights similar to a citizen of Canada.
Key benefits of Canadian PR
As a permanent resident of Canada you are allowed to:
- Apply for Citizenship after successful 3 years stay in Canada as Permanent resident.
- Live, work or study anywhere in Canada Free education for kids below 18 years.
- Apply Citizenship in Canada
- Receive the Health care and other social benefits in Canada like Canadian Citizens.
- Sponsor your relatives to Canada, after spending sufficient time as a Permanent Resident here .
- Get protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
IELTS Score Card. (International English Language Testing System – General Test)
Book Slot for IELTS on the same day when Register with WES to send Educational documents for ECA report. We prefer to suggest British Council only for General English test Exam Slot. (This can reduce the processing time)
First official language (Maximum 24 points)
|CLB Level||Ability:Speaking||Ability: Listening||Ability: Reading||Ability: Writing||Points per ability|
|7||6.0||6.0 – 7.0||6.0||6.0||4|
|10 and above||7.5 – 9.0||8.5 – 9.0||8.0 – 9.0||7.5-90||6|
Below CLB 7 is not eligible.
EOI – Expression of Interest
EOI is a CIC PR Express Entry Application, by which you are expressing your interest to apply PR status with required above 4 documents as credentials, which are proving you as eligible with required score of > 67/100. After submitting the application you will get the CRS score for your given credentials. This application is free of Cost.
CRS Score – Comprehensive Ranking System Score
- CRS score is a rank given to each candidate who applied for PR via Express Entry
- There will be 25 draws every year minimum 2 draws every month.
- In each draw they select the candidates with highest CRS score and issue ITA
- (Invitation to Apply)
ITA- Invitation to Apply
ITA – Invitation to Apply for PR, Earlier you have expressed your interest only PR with your credentials, you get ITA when you have proved yourself eligible for PR status via EOI. This ITA will be valid for 90 days.
- The Documents which has been uploaded in the ITA will go for verification, which will take maximum 2 months of time.
- Once Documents verification is done you will get a mail from CIC to send original passport of all applicants to CHC for PR stamping along with RPRF fees.
Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC: If required
- A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada must usually get before hiring a foreign worker.
- An LMIA assesses whether there are Canadians available to do the job. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker can do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a Confirmation letter. Your proposed employer would have received the LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- We encourage you to have a travel document valid for a period of at least one year at the time of application in order to minimize processing delays.
- You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them.
Proof that you meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
- If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification.